Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whatever Wednesday

This is the biggest "Whatever" Wednesday ever. I feel so out of sorts it is crazy. Last night I slept great (thanks to Nyquil). Then I went running and that was hard! The weather was so humid I was dripping. I guess Nyquil at night and running early 6 a.m. don't do well together. I thought I was going to have to sit down in a someone's yard to take a break! The whole time I was telling the Lord that I didn't have enough to make it through the next week of nightly meetings and daily teachings and chores and life. "I guess you, Lord, are going to have to show up for me."
Get back to the house and Todd is asleep on couch with Em who had a bad dream so I go to bedroom and turn on TV. Commercials, commercials, commercials!!! Then I find "Gene Simmon's Family Jewels" Sweet way to start the day! Bizarrish episode!
I was about to watch my second episode when Todd stumbled in from den and I reacted like I was a 12 year old child watching something I shouldn't. Quickly changed the channel and guess where it landed! That's right...Beth Moore!

How about that for divine intervention? And guess what her subject was? Praise in the midst of circumstances that are not changing! Acts 16 Paul and Silas in jail! Basically to sum up the first two hours of my Whatever Wednesday, God not only wants to change my life, He wants to change my day. My day can change with a change of attitude. But I ask, what if I like to hold my stubborn attitude. What if I don't want it to change. I just want to keep it. Pout and whine. Pout and whine!! ....But it would be such a waste! A waste of time and a waste of memories. A waste of a day that I can't get back.

When I look back to all my wasted years of fear, worry and pride, it makes me angry that I would let even one more be robbed from me, my family and my King. I haven't been jailed nor flogged. I have a husband who is in love with me. Kids that love me. And a Savior that sings over me. So it may begin with a hum, but even so I will begin to praise. Let the flowing waters of praise stir my soul!!


Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise Him, all creatures here below.
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts.
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment