Saturday, October 23, 2010

What About That

This is a recap of sorts. I have nothing specific to say. I raced my first race today. It was a lot of fun. There were a few things that spoke to me today.

How slow took on a new meaning today! People walking were passing me, as well as, several grandmas! Hilarious and sad at the same time! The classic story of the tortoise and the hare stayed in head.

The other thing that I noted today were those who cheering us on. Reminding us to keep going and how we were close to the end. I couldn't help but think about the cloud of witnesses that is mentioned in Hebrews.

And then my running partner, Jill, who could have gone and gotten a latte while waiting for me to come to the finish line, came and met me about 30 yards or so from the finish line to run with me to the end. What a sweet demonstration of encouragement and love!

I keep getting reminded how all this translates into my spiritual life. So thankful for being taught things that will last eternally.

Now I am tired so I will have to go. Go Dawgs. Beat those Cats!!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Natalie! I'm so excited for you. You should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete