Monday, April 19, 2010

"What if"

Today my sweet precious husband had his gall bladder removed after two years of chronic pain and discomfort. Even though it was a easy surgery there was a small "what if" in the pit of my soul that cause me to wonder. What a transformation God has done in our lives individually and as a couple. I can truly say that he is my biggest fan and my most loved friend. We need each other. We value each other. We have come so far in how we disagree and how we handle the tough things that come our way. I am grateful to God for his sustaining work in each of us and our marriage. I know we can be an example but at one point I just wanted it to be pure and genuine and enjoyable without regard to who was looking. Today whatever we portray to those who might see, I can honestly say with integrity that I love my man! I love his passion. I love his drive. I love his provision. I love the way he laughs. I love his honesty (mostly). I love the father that he is and how it is willing to acknowledge when he is wrong. I love that he is in love with me. And I can see God in him. Thank you Lord. Thank you for changing us and making us more like you. Making us one!

No comments:

Post a Comment